What Is Matcha Latte?
Match latte is an appetizing drink that is produced in Japan and is easier to prepare at home or we can say it’s Japanese green tea. Matcha powder is made from young delicate green tea leaf and this plant produces a high level of chlorophyll Unlike traditional green tea its full of nutrients and we can say it is a nutritional powerhouse, caffeine is high in matcha it reduces the cholesterol level, speed up the metabolism and healthier for glowing skin, will often hear people say that matcha supports weight loss as well.
This powder has a slightly bitter taste. Matcha powder can be used in ice cream, smoothies, milkshakes, doughnuts, and frosting.
Types of Matcha
Here are two quality grades of matcha and both are produced in Japan:
1. Ceremonial Grade Matcha
Ceremonial grade matcha has a vibrant green color with a little fresh slightly grassy smell, its texture is very smooth like eyeshadow and extremely fine to the touch. For daily drinking, it’s an excellent choice. This grade matcha is used for traditional events, such as Japanese tea ceremonies.
And it’s recommended to just mix it with water not with anything else, because of its flavor delicacy it should be served purely otherwise its flavor will be lost. Usually, ceremonial matcha price is higher because of its complicated production process
2. Culinary Grade Matcha
Culinary grade matcha is normally used in the latte, baking, or cooking recipes. It is a mix of younger and older tea leaves, less vibrant in color than the ceremonial matcha but still has a beautiful green color and slightly stronger taste. The culinary matcha price is cheaper because of the easier production process. It has a higher antioxidant level than ceremonial.
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons honey, Vanilla syrup, or Sugar
- 250ml milk
1. Start sifting matcha powder into a cup to avoid any clumps and add some sugar and both ingredients mixed well.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of hot water and give it a mix with a spoon or a whisk until it changes its color to the smooth dark green mixed with a foamy texture, must be lumps-free.
3. Pour warm milk into the mixture, for an iced latte used cold milk instead of warm milk.
4. After adding milk use a whisk or milk frother to mix the milk and paste together until it changes its color to light green and becomes smooth.
5. For decoration sprinkle some matcha powder on the top and serve right away.
See Also: Chicken Parmigiana Recipe